Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! thank you!

Feel a bit dumb now laugh (although he could have said so eh?)

Actually I probably just wasn't understanding everything. It sounds as though my consultant was one of those who was part of the original research project - he said that he started testing the protocol in 2004 and 'a few' of the people he was treating then are still around - still getting weekly Erbitux treatments, 'totally fed up with it but still here' - I know the centre where I am treated is one of the best in France and strongly involved in research, so it is perfectly likely. I shall ask him.

I am assuming that I am one of those for whom they 'are beginning to incorporate these new biological targeted agents into current standard-of-care chemotherapy' - not that I am already in palliative care as such - well, definitions eh. I am not curable so I guess all care is palliative. But I believe I'm being put on this very expensive life-long protocol because I am fairly young (54) and deemed to have a good chance of long term survival from it.

Positivity. Positivity. Positivity.

Paul - don't know if you want to talk about it here in public - I need to research you, don't I? - but what is your 'relationship' with this treatment, please? Were you deemed to be on the 'Extreme' protocol too? if I understand right, your chemo/Erbitux treatment was for a limited time, not weekly forever like is suggested for me - would you care to discuss more about your treatment background and expected future situation? Please feel free to PM me or tell me to naff off if I'm being unsubtle...

Thanks so much.

Last edited by mungolina; 02-07-2015 12:45 PM.

6/09 lump undr chin
10/09 SCC R tonsular fossa T4N0M0, spread to tongue
11/09 R tonslctmy, partl glssctmy, nd
2/10 IMRTx30, Cispltnx3
5/10 thrombosis port cath remvd L jugular blckd
1/12 mets R lung, part lung remvd
1/13 mets R lung
2/13 partl lobectmy upper R lobe
12/14 MRI enlrgd nodes meta oesophgs
1/15 DX recur 4cm lymph
2/15 Start 6xCispltn+Erbitx+?