I can't believe it.

February 19th will be 11 years since my first diagnosis
September 23rd was my 7th year since my second diagnosis

I have been through the surgeries, the treatments and was finally feeling better - ready to focus on my overall health and worry less about cancer. Over the past year I have lost some weight and I continue to work to become more fit.

Then this morning I noticed the lumps. Two of them on the left side of my neck (1st cancer side) about two inches below my chin bone.

Cue the quivering worried mess that I am. Why did I believe that I 'had a handle' on this? How arrogant! I think the demon time lulled me into believing I was past cancer.

I value my long time cancer friends beyond belief, and I remain in contact with them, but I must say that in the past year or so I felt that I had so little to add to the excellent advice that was already being provided on this site. That would be why the newer posters would not know me. A post of 'yes - what she said' would hardly be helpful now would it?

I know that sometimes a lump is just a lump. I do not have a cold or the flu so there is no reason that I know of for lymph nodes to be irritated, nor do I even know that these are lymph node locations!

I am fighting to take some of my own very good advice - its not cancer until the biopsy says it is, don't let cancer steal today, try to stay busy, get in to see the doctor asap (emails despatched today), etc, etc. Now I just wish that one of those pieces of advice made my gut quit clenching!!!

Hugs to all

Donna

Donna,69, SCC L Tongue T2N1MO Stg IV 4/04 w/partial gloss;32 radtx; T2N2M0 Stg IV; R tongue-2nd partial gloss w/graft 10/07; 30 radtx/2 cispl 2/08. 3rd Oral Cancer surgery 1/22 - Stage 1. 2022 surgery eliminated swallowing and bottom left jaw. Now a “Tubie for Life”.no food envy - Thank God! Surviving isn't easy!!!! .Proudly Canadian - YES, UNIVERSAL HEALTH CARE IS WONDERFUL! (Not perfect but definitely WONDERFUL)