Hi, Will.

Welcome to the group. I'm sorry that you had to find yourself here on one hand, but I'm glad that you found a place with solid, vetted medical information and people who have "been there, done that".

You have received some solid advice here so far, so I'm not going to try to reinvent the wheel, however, I know anxiety very well. As do I know depression. I've had both since early childhood. I am not here to dispense medical advice...none of us are here for that reason. I have been on anti-depressants and anti-anxiety meds for a long time and things were being managed pretty well. But, when I was faced with the crisis of having a diagnosis of OC, my anxiety "went into overdrive". If you aren't getting any rest, that is not good for you and you have to wait a long time for your follow up. My advice would be to share your anxiety flare up and lack of sleep with your personal doctor or psychiatrist (if you have one). You needn't suffer so much.

All that being said, I hope that you "dodged a bullet" and you don't have to be here, except to keep us in mind when you feel like being philanthropic wink.

I know you will keep us posted and I will be anxiously waiting for good news for you!

Best wishes,
Kerri

37 y/o fem at Dx (23 wks preg @ dx on 3/16/11)
SCC L oral tongue (no risk factors)
L partial gloss/MND 3/28/11 @ 25 wks preg
T1-2N0M0; no rads/chemo
Tonsillectomy on 8/6/12 +SCC L tonsil T2-3N1M0 (HPV-)
Treated with 35 rads/7 carbo & taxol (Rx ended 10/31/12), but many hospitalizations d/t complications from rx.
Various scans since rx ended are NED!
Part of genetic study for rare cancers @ MGH.
44 years old now...I wasn't sure I would make it! Hoping for 40 more!