Cantbelieve

I'm sorry to see there may be a recurrence. My mother had only 35 radiation treatments after her first surgery. There was no Chemo ordered. In three months after her RAD treatments a CT scan was ordered yes it showed positive. Well the doctor ordered a MRI to get a clearer picture and it also showed the cancer was back. How ever the doctor couldn't feel any new lumps or anything. The doctor didn't want to believe it himself. So my mom was sent for a biopsy in the spot that was showing. Well yes the cancer was back. This spot was rite below her chin on left side. So back to "Emergency" surgery she went . The doctor took out what he could but closed her up. While the surgeon and Pathologist had my mothers face opened he discovered there were many many cancer cells all in the Cheek of her face. It was to much to remove.
Im new to this also but my understanding is it wasn't tumors all over it was cancer cells . But I guess it would form tumors in time. The Radiation treatment was a very aggressive treatment also. My mother actually went for radiation twice a day on the last two weeks of treatment. We are so shocked and in disbelief that this happened.

As of now my mother has been ordered Chemo Treatments and we are praying it helps. But in the mean time my mother is suffering with horrible headaches . She is on Fioricet which is a prescription headache medication. It helps a lot. Her headaches are so severe that I'm going to insist it being looked into. My mother said please don't even mention it because she don't even want to know. That's how upset she is I guess.

But Please look into this quickly. Your husband may need to start Chemo to slow down any spread.

Best wishes
Heidi

Last edited by sweetpe1; 11-13-2014 03:42 PM.

Sweetpe
Caregiver
RE:My Mother
Age 70
Non Smoker
SCC 3/4/2014 Left rear jaw
Mandiblctmy 3/25/2014
35RAD Completed on 06/03/2014
MRI 9/3/2014
25mm lobulated recurrence left mandible/floor of mouth carcinoma
9/23/14 Salvage Surgery
MET(s)
9/23/14 Salvage Surgery Not Successful
Chemo Recommended
1st Round of Cisplatin Chemo Started 10/20/14
Cisplatin stopped 11/20/14. Side affects to bad.
Chemo started again 1/22/15 Carbo/Docetaxel
Passed Away April 22,2015