Cantbelieve, ranting is good. This cancer is a horrible rollercoaster and you need to grab hold of something solid like this forum from time to time:) Have you called the RO or ENT about the headaches and other side effects or are you like me waiting faithfully for the next appointment? I wonder if headaches can result from jaw pain. Trismus exercises can give me a strong pain in my jaw, albeit briefly.

I had a buccal mucosa cancer operated on in February too. I didn't suffer too much from the radiation, probably because it wasn't directed at the back of my mouth and throat. The long lasting side effects are still there though, the trismus, tooth problems, a hardening of the radiated tissues.

I hope others have more light to shed and if migraines become a regular problem there are some great meds for them out there now.

Best wishes

1996, ovarian cancer surgery + cisplatin and taxol.
September, 2007, SCC of left lateral tongue. Excision.
October, 2009 recurrence in scar tissue, T1NOMO. Free flap surgery from left wrist - neck dissection. 63 year old New Zealander. No chemo, no RT.
February, 2014. New primary in left buccal mucosa. Marginal mandibulectomy, neck dissection, right arm free forearm flap. T1N0M0 but third occurrence and some areas of concern: RT started 8 April and finished 19 May.