Listen to fishy above... ;o) don't let distance deter you from seeking top care for a loved one or yourself.

I never once worried (mind you my hospital was 20 minutes away) and while I didn't want to inconvenience anyone - I adopted the - At this point in time - this is more important - mindset.

I still say it to my husband when he complains about our grocery bill (I buy all fresh and a lot of organic, and don't buy processed) You are what you eat. want to get and stay healthy? don't fill up on garbage. So this is more important.

gotta pick your battles. Sure traveling for treatment can be an inconvenience but... it's worth it for the best medical care and best possible chance of survival. This isn't frivolous - it's a human life at stake.

;o)

hugs

Cheryl : Irritation - 2004 BX: 6/2008 : Inflam. BX: 12/10, DX: 12/10 : SCC - LS tongue well dif. T2N1M0. 2/11 hemigloss + recon. : PND - 40 nodes - 39 clear. 3/11 - 5/11 IMRT 33 + cis x2, PEG 3/28/11 - 5/19/11 3 head, 2 chest scans - clear(fingers crossed) HPV-, No smoke, drink, or drugs, Vegan