I have to eat part of my nutrition as blended food. I finally a year ago bit the bullet and bought the gold standard of blenders the VitaMix. It isn't really a blender, and anyone that has one knows what I mean. To say the thing is amazing is an understatement. Of course there are those here that are on temporary or life long PEG tube feeding, and this is THE blender that will let you take conventional food and make it PEG tube compatible. (AND TO THINK I LIVED OFF OF ENSURE WITH MINIMUM NUTRITIONAL VALUE FOR ALMOST A YEAR AND A HALF) I mean it turns everything that I can put into it into liquid, and I have put some pretty strange things in it. I will elaborate on this if you are interested in future posts. My wife has become a huge blender food drinker as she is a health nut to the extreme and a serious over 50 athlete.

So I realized after participating in other support forums (life-long PEG forums in particular) how important this piece of equipment is to LIFE, and quality of life. I called the company and talked to them about OCF. There is an opportunity for OCF to become an affiliate seller of these machines, and if we could generate enough interest get some special pricing on units.

The question is - do enough of the people that come to OCF want to obtain one (PEG users for sure) but also those that are just having swallowing issues, and those of course that after cancer wish to optimize the quality of their nutrition. If there is, OCF will apply and fill out all the forms with VitaMix, who will treat us differently than their other distributors as a non-profit, and there may be an opportunity to get them at some discount, and also make a small commission to be used for OCF's mission accomplishments as well.

I think this is a great opportunity for OCF and for those we serve. Would those of you here please post your desire or lack of desire for us to engage in this as there are a few hoops to jump through, and I would like to believe that in the long run it is worth it to everyone concerned. I thank you all for taking the time to weigh in.

Brian, stage 4 oral cancer survivor. OCF Founder and Director. The first responsibility of a leader is to define reality. The last is to say thank you. In between, the leader is a servant.