There is a Hope Lodge in Marshfield, Wisconsin near St. Joseph Ministry Hospital. You can also go to any city in the U.S., depending on insurance, finances, stay at Hope Lodge for free, availability permitting, and have treatment there. I stayed at Hope Lodge in NYC during one of my treatments, and was a great place.

There is also "Joe's House" that have discount lodging, and ACS, instead of Hope Lodges, have a program, forget the name, to stay in certain hotels.

I didn't get too much help with travel with the American Cancer Society my last treatment being I was going interstate, although only 32 miles away, so no volunteer drivers were going my way, and ACS apparently doesn't give any money for gas, transportation in all areas, so I had to hire someone myself, and pay out of pocket.

I did Proton Radiation one place, that's all they do, and chemo locally. Both can be done separately, but I wouldn't recommend it. You would have to coordinate, update, get copies of too many things yourself, not mentioning timing. When you go to radiation you'll be at the center anyway, and chemo is usually given immediately before or after, so you be there anyway, and just makes everything more convienant.

Another option is to have all your chemo, radiation treatment planning done at a top CCC, and do what they propose, locally, if both centers are in agreement to do so, but I would rather stay where the experts are.

Good luck with the biopsy, and hopefully no treatmnt will be needed!

10/09 T1N2bM0 Tonsil
11/09 Taxo Cisp 5-FU, 6 Months Hosp
01/11 35 IMRT 70Gy 7 Wks
06/11 30 HBO
08/11 RND PNI
06/12 SND PNI LVI
08/12 RND Pec Flap IORT 12 Gy
10/12 25 IMRT 50Gy 6 Wks Taxo Erbitux
10/13 SND
10/13 TBO/Angiograph
10/13 RND Carotid Remove IORT 10Gy PNI
12/13 25 Protons 50Gy 6 Wks Carbo