David - First of all, I'm really glad Linda is improving. You both have been through more than most people can bear and still be able to function. You mentioned you were "expecting more details" re your niece - so I would think it would be better to wait until you find out more before contacting anyone in the family. FB may not always convey accurate information. You are such a very caring person, but the first person you must care about is yourself and if all these stresses get out of control you won't be good for anyone else. You have always been such a great caregiver for Linda and to continue to do so means you need to make sure your own stress level is manageable so that you can stay healthy enough to handle whatever else comes your way. Wow! I'm blown away by the fee charged for bankruptcy! My son went through bankruptcy but he couldn't afford a lawyer in the first place. Somehow he made it through and survived. David, you can just do so much. Time to get some outside (or inside) help for yourself. I've been following your experiences for a long time and there was a time when Michael was helpful to you and Linda. . . . Maybe he could be pressed into service again and help in some way? Sure hope better days are coming for you soon. Sending positive vibes and prayers your way.

Anne-Marie
CG to son, Paul (age 33, non-smoker) SCC Stage 2, Surgery 9/21/06, 1/6 tongue Rt.side removed, +48 lymph nodes neck. IMRTx28 completed 12/19/06. CT scan 7/8/10 Cancer-free! ("spot" on lung from scar tissue related to Pneumonia.)