Heike, that sounds absolutely awful. It's bad enough for healthy people going through this treatment let alone those who have other medical problems. Have you been referred to a social worker? Such a person should be able to give you access to all sorts of assistance. The same with the Cancer Society. I was surprised and pleased to hear the other day that they will provide frozen meals if I want them. This is just an example of help that is out there of which I was previously ignorant.
I don't know how the Australian medical system works but assume it is not too dissimilar to New Zealand's. When my husband was diagnosed with dementia and I was struggling to cope I had excellent help from a social worker and occupational therapist.
I wish you well in the weeks to come.

Maureen

1996, ovarian cancer surgery + cisplatin and taxol.
September, 2007, SCC of left lateral tongue. Excision.
October, 2009 recurrence in scar tissue, T1NOMO. Free flap surgery from left wrist - neck dissection. 63 year old New Zealander. No chemo, no RT.
February, 2014. New primary in left buccal mucosa. Marginal mandibulectomy, neck dissection, right arm free forearm flap. T1N0M0 but third occurrence and some areas of concern: RT started 8 April and finished 19 May.