Hi Zap,
I am glad that you found us. The pre-treatment phase can be pretty frightening. For most of us it was the worst time. I took anti-anxiety meds myself. I also made out advanced directives, placed my assets in a living trust and gave my wife power of attorney which, thank God, I didn't need to use (she did have to access my bank account to pay the bills for a while when I was really beat up).

You will feel better once they have a definitive treatment plan. They should be giving you a PET scan as well and a PET/CT would be even better. If you have access to a comprehensive cancer center, I would switch over there immediately. CT's are more commonly used for treatment planning. MRI's are far more effective for diagnosing soft tissues.

In Minnessota you have the Mayo clinic cancer center and UofM comprehensive cancer center. Get the best standard of care you can.

Gary Allsebrook
Dx 11/22/02, SCC, 6 x 3 cm Polypoid tumor, rt tonsil, Stage III/IVA, T3N0M0 G1/2
Tx 1/28/03 - 3/19/03, Cisplatin ct x2, IMRT, bilateral, with boost, x35(69.96Gy)
"You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes" (James 4:14 NIV)