Hi all,

It has been a while since my last update but I thought it might be best to keep the board updated as I know there are quite a few people who have been wondering how we were doing.

Unfortunately, things have taken a turn for the worse with the cancer now appearing in multiple spots in Jen's lungs and a lymph node on the opposite side of Jen's neck.

Symptoms have started to appear due to the increase in the main lung tumor and it looks like we have now run out of time with our 'wait and see' approach with the cancer now moving aggressively.

We have managed to keep off chemotherapy till now and we both still feel that this was the right option as she has been able to enjoy quality time with Hunter over the past couple of months and live a normal lifestyle until a few days ago which I don't think would have been the case if we had started chemotherapy a few months back when she was first diagnosed.

The oncologist has recommended that we now start 1st line chemotherapy with cisplatin + 5-Fu followed by a clinical trial cetuximab (Erbitux) + BKM 120 (Buparlisib) which is a relatively new drug for metastatic cancer should first line treatment fail.

Will keep the board updated as to how we go once we start as I know there aren't many of us who have gone through this regime and hopefully this treatment will be able to relieve Jen of her symptoms and earn us more time while new treatments and trials continue to become available for patients like her.

Your prayers and thoughts have always been a huge comfort for us and I will continue to provide what information I can moving forward.

Jay

6/8/12: Wife 33y/o with no risk dx with Stage IVa SCC L of Tongue(T4aN2bM0)
3/9/12: Induced birth @ 36 weeks - Baby Hunter!
11/9/12: OP - 3/4 Partial Gloss, Radical ND & Tongue Rec.
24/10/12: 33xRad + 7xChemo
7/12/12: Tx complete
21/3/13 & 21/6/13: NED
24/7/13: SCC in Lungs - OP: Lobectomy (VATS)
29/1/14 passed away