Hi Jaymi,sorry that you have to come on the roller-coaster ride. However, you do have a circle of friends here who truly understand what you and your mom are going through.

I try to stay focused and take it a day at a day. I don't get ahead of myself because then I risk disappointing myself if I pitch my hopes too high or scaring myself to death over something that might or might not happen. I don't do yoga but I do deep breathing particularly at bedtime. It helps me to calm my overactive brain and makes sleeping easier. Good luck to you and your mom.


Gloria
She stood in the storm, and when the wind did not blow her way, she adjusted her sails... Elizabeth Edwards

Wife to John,dx 10/2012, BOT, HPV+, T3N2MO, RAD 70 gy,Cisplatinx2 , PEG in Dec 6, 2012, dx dvt in both legs after second chemo session, Apr 03/13 NED, July 2013 met to lungs, Phase 1 immunotherapy trial Jan 18/14 to July/14. Taxol/carboplatin July/14. Esophagus re-opened Oct 14. PEG out April 8, 2015. Phase 2 trial of Selinexor April to July 2015. At peace Jan 15, 2016.