Hi Eric...
Thank you for the quick response. smile
I am so glad I did find OCF... I knew it had to be out there.

I was worried about the dental stuff, my mom has never been good about going to the dentist (I think she has a serious fear of it)... she literally once asked the dentist if she could just get dentures and be done with it!! (He said NO!, of course)

The quitting smoking is going to prove to be a doozy with my mom. She already had a stroke 5 years ago & was diagnosed with emphysema... and neither of those things stopped this stubborn lady from smoking.
Today, she was really scared though... so I think it may stick. But, now, finding a method to help her quit is super important. I look forward to hearing from ChristineB on this.

Thanks for the words about staying calm... I know I need to stay focused on things that I can control and not worry about the things I can't. I always hated yoga and meditation... but maybe it's time I get reacquainted with those concepts. I could use it personally, since my 16 month old son allows me very little time to just BREATHE! smile

Anyway, thanks for writing back... it's great to feel some positive energy out there when I am still reeling.

Jaymi


________________________________
Jaymi, daughter to Susan, dx 5/7/13, SCC on gum/mandible, 66 years old
Just diving in to fight!