Well I'll share a bit I guess as my poor excuse for a blog has changed my life in many ways since starting it two years ago. Where I've shared extensively online both on Facebook and on these forums about my struggles through the cancer experience, I believe my best writing, and healing moments, happened on my blog.

Professionally the cancer experience can change the way people see you, and that's more of a testament to the type of person "they" are and speaks nothing about the person you've become due to your experience. I ran hotels before my diagnosis and it was my life, I was very good at what I did, leading one of my hotels to the highest rated property in N. America in the largest hotel chain in the world in "every" category that the brand judged on.

My employers, who were publicly supportive during my treatment were extremely reluctant to bring me back due to my health and we ended our relationship when it was apparent that I wasn't the same person after treatment. To prove I was still capable I jumped into a business opportunity that proved to be an impossible challenge due to many factors, one of which was that even though driven, physically, mentally, and emotionally I wasn't the same guy.

I started my blog on these forums during this time, opening up and sharing my struggles etc. and where I knew that I'd never be the hotel mogul I wanted to be before cancer, it didn't mean that I couldn't make an impact in other areas. I was fortunate to be approached by a friend who understood the struggle, and offered guidance and an opportunity to make a difference, that friend gave me something more than an opportunity, he gave me a purpose.

Now I feel like I'm able to contribute, even if in a small way, and I'm not sure I'd have that if it weren't for writing in a poor excuse for a blog and sharing.

My experience for what it's worth my friend, glad you've found these forums, I hope they are as helpful to you as they've been for me.

Eric

Young Frack, SCC T4N2M0, Cisplatin,35+ rads,ND, RT Mandiblectomy w fibular free flap, facial paralysis, "He who has a "why" to live can bear with almost any "how"." -Nietzche "WARNING" PG-13 due to Sarcasm & WAY too much attitude, interact at your own risk.