Hi there.. hopefully it's not cancer. I am not sure if it moves that way. An ENT could tell you more. I went to my ENT with a small bubble like thing near my collar bone (it was an air or fluid bubble and has since gone) he right off said well that would be very unusual as cancer doesn't usually move that way... (he's sees where it moves all the time) In all the time i've been here I haven't heard of spread to the Tongue to cheek ( though I imagine it can spread anywhere as we are all individuals wired differently. Generally it travels along the path of least resistance so I've been told, so along the nerves to the nodes, and nearby areas... I'm not saying it doesn't happen, but I haven't heard anyone here having that happen... anyone ??? I imagine if it has happened then they will be along. I have heard of spread from cheek to gum which makes some sense, and vice versa, and tongue to tonsil and throat...

It could be scar tissue from your treatment or a number of things... fingers crossed its nothing serious... and many hugs... push to see her before then if possible call and ask to be put on a cancellation list.

Last edited by Cheryld; 03-19-2013 09:31 AM.

Cheryl : Irritation - 2004 BX: 6/2008 : Inflam. BX: 12/10, DX: 12/10 : SCC - LS tongue well dif. T2N1M0. 2/11 hemigloss + recon. : PND - 40 nodes - 39 clear. 3/11 - 5/11 IMRT 33 + cis x2, PEG 3/28/11 - 5/19/11 3 head, 2 chest scans - clear(fingers crossed) HPV-, No smoke, drink, or drugs, Vegan