Nancy

I asked my radiation oncologist that exact question. He said in his experience, hard liquors were banned. He thought a beer was fine and actually that was one way I got thru my weeks of radiation and chemo TX, without a PEG, downing a Dos Equis at dinner to wash down the food the first five weeks It didn't go well with Ensure the last weeks.
Once I got the PEG permanently, he said wine was fine down the tube since it does not touch the oral cavity at all. Beer fizzes too much or else I would do that.
Some others here are adamantly against any alcohol use, it's a personal choice IMO, especially when your doctor okays it
In fact this last round, my RO remembered the wine and switched me off Percocet because of the Tyneol (liver risk with alcohol for Tyneol) to HyrdoMorphone (dilaudid)
We have had hotter discussions on this issue but by this time primarily for the reason of all "hot discussions", i.e. "but MY doctor said otherwise". And when posters did ask their doctors, many were pleasantly surprised by the answer.
Especially if the cancer is HPV+ caused and not from alochol abuse which is a whole different issue not applicable to you
I'm notorious for insisting on having fun
Charm,

65 yr Old Frack
Stage IV BOT T3N2M0 HPV 16+
2007:72GY IMRT(40) 8 ERBITUX No PEG
2008:CANCER BACK Salvage Surgery
25GY-CyberKnife(5) 3 Carboplatin
Apaghia /G button
2012: CANCER BACK -left tonsilar fossa
40GY-CyberKnife(5) 3 Carboplatin

Passed away 4-29-13