Paul

Yes, thanks for weighing in on the Erbitux debate. We had hot and heavy discussions here when I first started reporting that the efficacy of Erbitux had been exaggerated in news stories and articles about Bonner as well as when the FDA approved it for metastatic head & neck cancer. The discussions went nova class when I first found those reports on Erbitux not playing well with HPV in terms of recurrence.
Hard as it might be for you to imagine, I was quite emphatic if not outright tactless about Erbitux being worthless and the threads got somewhat caustic. Funny, it was mostly people who never had Erbitux themselves nor their patients (if they were caregivers) who defended Erbitux the most.
I did feel vindicated when my RO at my CCC told me he will no longer prescribe Erbitux until the recurrence rates issue is resolved.

DonFoo
Yes, Erbitux did sound great and according to is manufacturers and sellers, it still is. Very tempting in that it does shrink a tumor quickly but apparently leaves the nastier bits behind to come back unlike take no prisoners platinum.
Charm

65 yr Old Frack
Stage IV BOT T3N2M0 HPV 16+
2007:72GY IMRT(40) 8 ERBITUX No PEG
2008:CANCER BACK Salvage Surgery
25GY-CyberKnife(5) 3 Carboplatin
Apaghia /G button
2012: CANCER BACK -left tonsilar fossa
40GY-CyberKnife(5) 3 Carboplatin

Passed away 4-29-13