Thank you everyone for the support and kind words. They mean the world to me. Only this forum truly understands. I am so happy to hear that having a second recurrence (or even 3rd) is not a death sentance anymore.

Cheryl- I found your comments about the molars very interesting as well. The two areas I had the tumors, were areas where my molar kept scraping against my tongue (I was not lucky to had braces before the "C"). The first time was on my right tongue and the second tumor is exactly on the opposite side where I chew all the time. Just so odd.

I get my PET and my MRI on Friday. Anyone know if it makes a difference if the recurrence happens 7 years later vs. 3 or 4 years after 1st time of cancer?

I have so much running through my head. But I know that until it is staged, I can't do anything but wait. I am praying that it hasn't spread.

Age 44. Diagnosed at 34 (2006) with T1N0 SCC tongue on right side. Neck dissed & 6 weeks Radiation. 30% tongue removed. Never smoked;
2nd recurrence 1/2013 on left side. Surgery to remove 2/2013 forearm flap/neck dissec T1N0; brachytherapy 4/2013;
3rd recurrence 11/2015 mandibulectomy for jaw bone cancer Stage IV/no lymph node involvement