Oh, dear friends!

Charm: You are the voice of reason and I can always relate to you. You make be feel better. Your experience with this disease and your plethora of valid scientific information about this disease makes me happy...science and a well-designed study is rocks.

Paul: Thank you for your honest and down-to-earth view of this cancer. There ARE so many factors that play into WHY we get it. The problem is that so many of us want to know the exact cause. Not having answers is frustrating for both patients and the medical community, as well. Thank you for the well-wishes on the MRI. I know the cancer was caught early, but my surgeon erred on the side of caution and "upstaged" me so as to make sure that I got a very aggressive treatment plan. Let's hope the treatment did it's job.

Eric: You always make me LOL or put a smile on my face. I can always count on you for that, so thank you. I'm going to be thinking of golf pants all day!

BTW, I have been having hoarseness for a few weeks now. My doctors scoped me after having it for 8 days. I have to say that it's better and some days are better than others, I think with how much I use my humidifier. They said they could see 2 small areas of leukoplakia on my vocal cords. They said not to worry and they will keep a hawks's eye on it. Looking it up, I know that I have many risk factors for it. They said "don't worry about it, but I know you will". Haha...they know me!

love to you all!
Kerri

37 y/o fem at Dx (23 wks preg @ dx on 3/16/11)
SCC L oral tongue (no risk factors)
L partial gloss/MND 3/28/11 @ 25 wks preg
T1-2N0M0; no rads/chemo
Tonsillectomy on 8/6/12 +SCC L tonsil T2-3N1M0 (HPV-)
Treated with 35 rads/7 carbo & taxol (Rx ended 10/31/12), but many hospitalizations d/t complications from rx.
Various scans since rx ended are NED!
Part of genetic study for rare cancers @ MGH.
44 years old now...I wasn't sure I would make it! Hoping for 40 more!