This post, which on the surface about how much radiation people have endured, is, I believe, truly about OCF patients keeping their options open. Know that what what was true in 2004 might not be true in 2007. As a patient gather as much information as possible and be proactive with our dedicated care teams to be sure they have examined in detail ALL options.

OCF is a tremendous resource as it is up to date with the latest studies, and approved techniques. I do not want people to hear "get your affairs in order" without examining every option.

For Kelli, Chram and myself, some of the extra radiations were new procedures. Do your reearch to see if it works for you.

Okay...now about the celebration....I am good with a virtual celebration but somehow that still leaves my closet barren!! Dang...here was my chace to walk the red carpet, be interviewed by the paparazzi, and be a Star for a day!! Sadly, I am still waiting for my 5 minutes of fame!! I have never even met anyone famous!!

For the first virtual celebratory dance, I love the Dream Dream Dream song, but could I suggest we all take the floor for the 1st dance with our spouses/caregivers who have made these achivements possible.

So at the close of business on "All Souls Day" we will know the honourees. And Charm, I went to a Catholic school and went to church every DAY of my life until Grade 8. All Souls day was always that ray of hope for those of us who had misbehaved a bit - we were always confident that we weren't THAT badly behaved children that we wouldn't make it to Purgatory at least!

I truly thank you Charm for bringing this topic up. I know when I was first diagnosed people would infer that I had had my "lifetime doses of radiation" and I felt that my "plan b's" were being limited by some arbitrary number. I am glad to know the limits are changng and more lives are being saved.

Hugs

Donna

Last edited by Pandora99; 10-16-2012 11:36 PM.

Donna,69, SCC L Tongue T2N1MO Stg IV 4/04 w/partial gloss;32 radtx; T2N2M0 Stg IV; R tongue-2nd partial gloss w/graft 10/07; 30 radtx/2 cispl 2/08. 3rd Oral Cancer surgery 1/22 - Stage 1. 2022 surgery eliminated swallowing and bottom left jaw. Now a “Tubie for Life”.no food envy - Thank God! Surviving isn't easy!!!! .Proudly Canadian - YES, UNIVERSAL HEALTH CARE IS WONDERFUL! (Not perfect but definitely WONDERFUL)