Robert, I cried when I read your post and then showed it to my 20 year old daughter. I can't express how happy I am for you. I also understand how you are feeling about your brand new miracle, parents with cancer have a hard time seeing into the long term future with their kids. My youngest is 10 and I have two grandaughters, ages 4 and 6. Here is how it worked out for me: Starting out, I convinced myself I would be happy to "make it" to Sam's (my youngest daughter) High School graduation. Then, I "upped" it to seeing my grandaughters graduate. Then it struck me that all three of them would need me around when they had their own children, what if they had careers.........who would watch their babies so they didn't have to go to daycare????????? So, I concluded that I will just have to stay around to be that "cute" 90 year old I have always figured I would be. My two grandaughters have never seen day one in a daycare center thanks to "Nana", just seems fair that I do it for all of them laugh !!
So, up the ante Robert...............and we'll talk about this again in, say, 20 years???
Much love and kiss the baby for me.
Minnie

SCC Left Mandible. Jaw replaced with bone from leg. Neck disection, 37 radiation treatments. Recurrence 8-28-07, stage 2, tongue. One third of tongue removed 10-4-07. 5-23-08 chemo started for tumor behind swallowing passage, Our good friend and much loved OCF member Minnie has been lost to the disease (RIP 10-29-08). We will all miss her greatly.