Hello Nanjangud,

Eric is excellent with his nutritional info so I will leave it to him since he looked it all up and converted it already. I am much more basic with my explanations by telling you while fighting cancer a patient burns incredible amounts of calories. This makes it where they will need 2 or 3 times their normal caloric intake.

From your explanation Carcinoma Right Buccal Mucosa, your mother has cancer of the cheek. I would have to assume her doctors have biopsied the eruptions to be able to put a name on it. I must caution you again that while this site is not made up of medical professionals, we can give you our opinions. This is also without knowing the patients full medical history or even seeing the person in front of us to assess. On top of this, not many on this site have much info relating to medical procedures outside of the US and Canada. Every country is different even though they treat the same disease. Here in the US medical procedures must go thru years of testing before becoming the regular practice for patients. Not that those things would make a huge difference in the things we would tell you. Oral cancer can be a very fast moving cancer especially when it keeps recurring, seems like each time it comes back faster. Treating Carcinoma Right Buccal Mucosa with chemo is used for pallitive care and will not be a cure. Only thru radiation with or without chemo and/or surgery can this type of cancer be eliminated completely. I would still suggest my original opinion to take her to another large cancer facility.

Best wishes with everything you and your mother are going thru.

Christine
SCC 6/15/07 L chk & by L molar both Stag I, age44
2x cispltn-35 IMRT end 9/27/07
-65 lbs in 2 mo, no caregvr
Clear PET 1/08
4/4/08 recur L chk Stag I
surg 4/16/08 clr marg
215 HBO dives
3/09 teeth out, trismus
7/2/09 recur, Stg IV
8/24/09 trach, ND, mandiblctmy
3wks medicly inducd coma