Novalty,
Congrats of coming up on your 4-year anniversary. I'm sure as it is a good thing, you are probably getting anxious as the date approaches. Biting your tongue probably just "woke up" that area that is now less resilient to trauma since your rads/chemo. Of course, it's easier for me to say this and believe it to be true than for you. That's the way it is for all of us. So, hang in there and I hope your check up goes well.

As an aside, I live in greater Boston and have my SO at Mass Eye & Ear. I was pregnant at the time of diagnosis and surgery. It seems that we have similar histories. The fear of being ill again and not being able to take care of our kids will be ever- present, I'm sure. It's really hard. We all remember how hard it was just to take care of ourselves when we were sick. But you are moving farther out from your last treatment and the time for being declared "cured" is getting closer. I wish you all the best and I'm glad that you've come back here for support!

Take care,
Kerri

37 y/o fem at Dx (23 wks preg @ dx on 3/16/11)
SCC L oral tongue (no risk factors)
L partial gloss/MND 3/28/11 @ 25 wks preg
T1-2N0M0; no rads/chemo
Tonsillectomy on 8/6/12 +SCC L tonsil T2-3N1M0 (HPV-)
Treated with 35 rads/7 carbo & taxol (Rx ended 10/31/12), but many hospitalizations d/t complications from rx.
Various scans since rx ended are NED!
Part of genetic study for rare cancers @ MGH.
44 years old now...I wasn't sure I would make it! Hoping for 40 more!