So..let me get this right...2 out of 82 had a cartoid blowout so that is like......2.4% chance???? I'll take those odds - I'm not sure my odds of safely taking a 500 mile car trip are that good. Glad to hear they are progressing with an aggressive treatment plan.

Please do not dwell on their numbers. The only number that matters is what happens to you. My Surgeon (a very wise man) told me "Either you will die from this cancer.......... or .......you will die from something else". Taken in THAT light all oral cancer patients are 50/50.

Enjoy each day. That is all any of us have.

You have a rigorous treatment program planned, but try to find something special in each and every day.

Many hugs

Donna

Donna,69, SCC L Tongue T2N1MO Stg IV 4/04 w/partial gloss;32 radtx; T2N2M0 Stg IV; R tongue-2nd partial gloss w/graft 10/07; 30 radtx/2 cispl 2/08. 3rd Oral Cancer surgery 1/22 - Stage 1. 2022 surgery eliminated swallowing and bottom left jaw. Now a “Tubie for Life”.no food envy - Thank God! Surviving isn't easy!!!! .Proudly Canadian - YES, UNIVERSAL HEALTH CARE IS WONDERFUL! (Not perfect but definitely WONDERFUL)