Thanks Brian,

I subscribe to the RSS news feed from OCF and it is at the top of my Google home page so I did see the article.
Charm,
Thanks for the new report. It gives me some hope as it does get into the issue of recurrence not at primary sites. My primary (soft palet) is fine. The recurrence is in a Lymph node below that site and is most likely due to one or two immature cells that existed there and did not react to the lower dosage I got to my lymph nodes. It may also be the result of the initial targeting of the radiation and a spot was missed.
I was able to get a CD from the hospital that did my first round of IMRT that covers all the ISODOSE lines that I was treated with and this has been forwarded to U of M. This will give them a precise picture of all the areas in my head and neck in regard to how much each area received in gy�s. Hopefully this may help solve the mystery of why I got a recurrence and will definitely help U of M in the new targeting as they will have a precise knowledge of how much radiation was received throughout my head and neck.

Kelly
Male
48, SCC (Soft Palet) Rt.,
Stage 1, T3n0m0,
Dx, 8-09, Start IMRT 35 9-2-09 end 10-21-09
04-20-10 NED
8-11 recurrence, node rt. neck N2b
10-11 33 IMRT w/chemo wkly
3-12-12 PET - residual cancer
4-12 5 treatments with Cyberknife & Erbitux
6-19-12 Pet scan CLEAR
12-3-12 PET - CLEAR