It's been awhile since I've been on these boards.....

About 5 years ago I completed treatment for Stage 1 squamous cell carcinoma on the right side of my tongue. I completed 6 weeks of radiation after my surgery. I am cancer free. I was 34 when diagnosed....4 months after my wedding. I don't smoke, am a social drinker, don't chew but my mother was diagnosed with tongue cancer in the 80's and passed away a year after diagnosis.

However, the treatment didn't go without a price for me. I was wondering what other experiences are out there. I have been on/off lortab/norco for 5 years for nerve damage pain on my tongue and jaw due to radiation. My energy levels never really went back to where they were. I still function fine, work and have a 22 month old that keeps me busy.

Do you still deal with pain? what do you you? Is your energy back?[/color]

Age 44. Diagnosed at 34 (2006) with T1N0 SCC tongue on right side. Neck dissed & 6 weeks Radiation. 30% tongue removed. Never smoked;
2nd recurrence 1/2013 on left side. Surgery to remove 2/2013 forearm flap/neck dissec T1N0; brachytherapy 4/2013;
3rd recurrence 11/2015 mandibulectomy for jaw bone cancer Stage IV/no lymph node involvement