Eli,
Yes, definately chemo can help! My mom's original cancer was on the base of her tongue and spread to lymph nodes......they used RAD to shrink the tumors, but chemo for the cancer on her tongue (which was a late stage 4)..She also was on a feeding tube, since she was unable to swallow at all. I am happy to tell you that by the time she was operated on, which was 6 weeks after finishing RAD and chemo, the doctor said there was absolutely NO sign of cancer on her tongue. So, please, even though it seems discouraging to you now, have faith! I can't remember what chemo she had..I know one was Cisplatin, and as far as worrying about the nausea, I understand. However, I can honestly tell you my mom had NO nausea whatsoever, which is rare, I think. There were 2 meds she was given for the nausea..one was Compazine, which she never needed to use, and the other was one that is hard to get (because of insurance.it is very expensive), but it definately worked! It's scary, knowing they can vomit, especially with the tube, because of the pain, and because you are unsureof where it will come out of! But Iin our experience, the chemo was a blessing! Feel free to email me if I can help with any questions you may have! Lots of luck and prayers to you both!
Brooke

Hope is the one thing no one can take away from you!!!