Hi All:
Finished having my esophagus stretched about an hour ago where my esophagus and stomach areas were checked; he noticed an abundance of saliva/mucus being produced (where?) around the area of my esophagus, but my esophagus looked normal; he's referring me to a Swallowing Center. He found a small area around my stomach that's red; a peptic ulcer he thinks. With the prayers from you all, I... survived. Anyone know of a Swallowing Center? Boston: The one thing that I had to wait on was my turn smile because there was a lot of patients having endoscopies colonoscopies. I remember talking to the anesthetist one minute and the next minute I was back in the recovery room. Your Dad shouldn't have any trouble. My troat doesn't even hurt at all, but they said eat soft foods for the rest of the day - golly, I sure have plenty of that. I'll pray your Dad does as well. P.S., after I got the first part of my anesthia, I really didn't care anyway LOL.
Julieann

Julieann
Nov 2007 SCC on right tonsil following tonsillectomy. Was smoker, QUIT. (Stage IV T2 N2b) 7 weeks radiation one day/wk chemo (carboplatin and 5-FU). Allergic to Taxol; PEG in, lost 30 lbs. TX completed January 2008. PEG out mid- 2008. PET/CT 1/17/2011;2/3/12 NEGATIVE for cancer smile