Hey Nate glad you found this site! There are a lot of helpful people here. It will become your second home. I would be in a straight jacket without them.

As far as insurance the hospital social workers are extremly helpful(atleast ours were) with Medicaid. Once you recieve that I would go for a second opinion at MD Anderson which I believe is the top CCC for this cancer.

There is another young "survivor" on this forum named Bethers who has been extremly helpful to me and I am sure will post here shortly.
My sister had the same cancer as you, has recovered great from surgery and is now moving on to other treatment. Please keep us posted on your appointment and insurance and ask any questions that comes to mind. Someone here has gone through what you have. Also have someone with you for your appoinments to listen to the dr's because the first few appoinments for you will be like Charlie browns mom talking.
My thoughts and prayers go out to u and your family. =)

CG to Sister (42). Smoker quit @ diagnosis Dx 4/20/10 SCC T2N0M0, Rside of tongue Hemigloss R neck dis, all nodes removed 6/2/10, Trach and NG in, home 6/8/10,8/18/2010 start erbitux x6, 30 IMRT end 10/11/10 with only 3x erbitux due to reaction and one week off of rads
1/10/2011 Clear PET!!!