The Bush administration pushed the abstinence program for 8 years with no impact. Behavior cannot be legislated in things like this. The FDA adverse event database is open to all. If I had a kid I would vaccinate them, but this is a personal choice. I also would not believe everything that I read on the internet about the vaccine. It is the wild west of information and truth is often not part of the dialog. I personally think the risk to benefit ratio is worth it. But parents should make the decisions they feel comfortable with, and the government should stay out of it. It's just too bad that most parents will make their decisions with a minimum amount of actual facts.

Passionate kissing has been shown to transfer the virus. So tell your teenagers they can't do this and see what happens. Oral sex isn't the only mechanism of transfer. In other benign HPV's, planters warts on your feet, warts (papillomas) on your hands, etc. are all HPV transfers.

Brian, stage 4 oral cancer survivor. OCF Founder and Director. The first responsibility of a leader is to define reality. The last is to say thank you. In between, the leader is a servant.