Cooking,

First I will tell you that I can relate to your situation. I was diagnosed 2 years ago at 33 with Stage 4 scc with two young boys to raise and it is a difficult situation.

The most common advice and probably most difficult to take, is to stay calm and realize that it's not cancer until biopsy says it is. Until you know for sure that you are facing a recurrance, let's try not to let the mind wonder as it can take you places emotionally that you shouldn't go to.

I'm glad that you've found this site, take comfort in the knowledge that you are among friends and people that can relate to where you've been and what you are experiencing. Where everyone's journey is different, there is comfort in commonalities.

My next bit of advice is a little easier to swallow then the first, but not as much. I would tell you to not get ahead of yourself and wait to see what the scan says...just take things one step at a time, it's much easier to tackle things as they come then to worry about the future and deal with the present.

We are here for you no matter what the situation.

Best Wishes

Eric

Young Frack, SCC T4N2M0, Cisplatin,35+ rads,ND, RT Mandiblectomy w fibular free flap, facial paralysis, "He who has a "why" to live can bear with almost any "how"." -Nietzche "WARNING" PG-13 due to Sarcasm & WAY too much attitude, interact at your own risk.