I have been using the phos-flur because its so easy. The trays are a hassle for me. The gel burns my tongue and my info sheet from UF sais if you don't overflow the trays you are not treating the teeth all the way to the gumline.

I am not sure how the phos-flur will work out long term. I just started oral intake 10 days ago after 7 months on g-tube. 5 cans of ensure plus, some semi solid food and then fruit is a lot more of a challenge for the enamel than nothing.

One of the issues is that the phos-flur is ONLY 4.4 mg fluoride per 10 ml swish which is 0.44%. The stuff that is used with the trays is 1.1%. Plus with the swish you can�t be 100% sure where the treatment is going.

I�m going to try the trays in the shower though. Maybe I�ll do trays a couple times a week and swish the others. Thanks for the ideas.

Mike

age 53 TxN2bM0 stage IV tongue and 2 nodes, non smoker, non-drinker, heavy plastic wrap exposure 25+ years, 2 surgeries, neck dissection, 60 GY IMRT+ cisplatin X5 completed 07/09, new primary on tongue 11/09, biopsy got it all, praise God!