Donald,
Who dat say oc can't be handled? Apparently not you, cher. Keep looking forward to that gumbo. I sometimes make a very "light" gumbo with chicken, no roux and the okra cut up but not sauted. The seasonings depend on what you can handle, at minimum celery, and onion and parsley. Just the soup part is great until you can handle the solids.
For a delicious suppliment try the vanilla flavored soy protien powder from Whole Foods. Last year when I was on liq. and then soft foods after my jaw reconstruction my d-i-l found it and the dietician in the hosp approved it. I added to almond milk, yogurt,instant pudding, fruit smoothie drinks, etc. They also make chocolate. I think I only had one or 2 cans of Ensure - that stuff tasted awful. Check the ingredients on the can against the Ensure for the proper amount.

Where are you in LA?? I'm NO and we have a few others in the state.

SCC stage II Partial mandibulectomy w. neck dissection- July 2005. Renal cancer w. partial nephrectomy-Jan 2004. Breast cancer discovered in routine mammogram. Successful lumpectomy, sentinal nodes clear, RT only-2008 Reconstruction of mandible w fibula free flap-Jan 09. TORS removal of begnin pappiloma from esophagus-2010. Masectomy,rt breast 2013.
Support OCF