It takes a real dick (excuse the vernacular) not to sign those forms. Everyone responds differently to treatment, Cancer Related Fatigue (CRF) is a real condition that can affect patients months/years after radiation/chemo. Your medical professional should know that...normally in these cases though the oncologists will take their cues from the ENT with the exception of drug scripts.

I had 4 different Dr's during treatment (more for surgery and recovery from) and I can tell you that they really don't communicate well and rely on the patient to fill them in before ever looking at your file. If one isn't giving you what you want, get it from another more compassionate Dr.

You know you, you know if you are capable of working or not. Your RO knows radiotherapy...ask him how he felt after radiation treatment and chemo...ask him if he could write lines of code for hours on end afterwards...especially if you are also under the effects of pain medication. When he fails to answer, because he's never been where you are...tell him to "F" off in the nicest possible way and sign the "F"n form and shut his yap. Again sorry for the vernacular.

Dr's don't know everything, in fact medicine is a practice and an art, some dr's are better and more insightful then others. I'm under the belief that most MD's have their head in rather dark places (better vernacular!)and was very thankful for the medical team I had and very scared anytime I had to see any other MD. They also made sure my forms were filled out so that I qualified for Disability and SSI.

A good patient is also a good patient advocate.

Good luck,

Eric

Last edited by EricS; 12-22-2009 12:41 PM.

Young Frack, SCC T4N2M0, Cisplatin,35+ rads,ND, RT Mandiblectomy w fibular free flap, facial paralysis, "He who has a "why" to live can bear with almost any "how"." -Nietzche "WARNING" PG-13 due to Sarcasm & WAY too much attitude, interact at your own risk.