Hi update ( Cookey moaned at me ) we spoke to my consultant the other day and said why can i not have another scan now as it may show where the cancer is coming from ,they said there is no sign of it in my neck or throat and the new lump in my neck is to small to do a needle biopsy they think that that is nothing to worry about they have said they need to wait to see how big the tumor in my chest gets over 2 months also to see if they can then get to it ,at the moment it is 2cm and hidden behind my heart ,they have told me that it would be highly unlikely that it is from my original cancer in my throat as it should have gone to a closer lymph gland before the one in my chest but they are not ruling this out ,it appears that untill they can access this tumor anything else is of minor concern so i have to wait till the second week in oct for another scan ,has anyone heard of throat cancer ending up in your chest after 2 years free i cannot find anything on the Internet , bye for now Allan

age 52 heavy drinker and heavy smoker stage 111 squamous cell at base of tongue trying to give them all up ,8 lot of cetuximab and 35 lots of radiation , gave up smoking at the start of treatment. only drink now in moderation