Hi had the results today the good news is they can not even see the lump in my neck as it is so small ,that's men for you we always exaggerate on size ,the bad news is that the scan showed a tumor near my heart tucked nicely behind it in a awkward place so that they cannot get to it to get a biopsy as yet ,they say that they find it difficult to believe that it has come from my throat (that's a relief) but as yet they dont know the primary source so i have to go for a full scan in a few weeks ,what they want to know is what kind of cancer it is then we talk about treatment or maybe in a few weeks the tumor is big enough to have pushed other organs out the way so they can do a biopsy ,so i am waiting ,will i have to join another forum if its not connected to my throat is one of my worries ,but on the bright side at the moment my throat appears to be cancer free ,see oral cancer can be cured , lots of love to everyone for all there support , Allan

age 52 heavy drinker and heavy smoker stage 111 squamous cell at base of tongue trying to give them all up ,8 lot of cetuximab and 35 lots of radiation , gave up smoking at the start of treatment. only drink now in moderation