Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Introduce yourself Jump to new posts
Antonia M Antonia M Yesterday at 12:29 AM
Hello, I’m a 66 yr old female.. and this is all very new to me. I have never posted about self. But I had 2 mths of radiation on left tonsil . (Tx every day) in 2020 its been4 1/2 yrs. I thought this was behind me, but for the last 2 weeks I have been hacking blood and my left side of throat hurts when I swallow. I’m so afraid that it is back? I’m going to ENT tomorrow morning,
0 32 Read More
Re: Oropharyngeal SCC Smiley 07-24-2024 10:40 PM
Thank you Paan
2 91 Read More
Re: Oropharyngeal SCC Paan 07-24-2024 09:57 PM
Hello welcome, read all old posts here under after treatment section,everyone here used to very active but lately all is very quite here.good luck
2 91 Read More
Oropharyngeal SCC Smiley 07-22-2024 04:33 PM
Hi,

I'm new member, 57 yrs young (Montreal, Canada) and just diagnosed with "throat cancer" at the base of my tongue. Biopsy confirmed and likely HPV positive as I'm a non-smoker. Completed CT, MRI and PET scans and has metastasized to multiple lymph nodes on one side of my neck. Drs are now saying surgery no longer an option and that I should start Radiation (7 weeks) and Chemo (9weeks) immediately. Obviously very scared although Drs are more positive with 83% survival rate. Has anyone else had chemo and radiation on mouth and neck that can share their experiences?

Thank you
Wish you all well.
2 91 Read More
I’m new here Exhausted68 07-21-2024 03:05 PM
Hello,
I’m new here and would like to introduce myself. My name is Sarah, my husband was diagnosed with Oral Squamous cell carcinoma over 2 years ago. After first surgery he has had multiple skin graft failures as well as Radiation. over the course of the last year has had a recurrence that it took months to diagnose. Now after having his last surgery we have been advised his tumor has grown significantly and is no longer operable. He is no longer able to speak or eat. He is severely disfigured and has a trache and feeding tube. He cannot lay flat for radiation and is only left with the option of chemotherapy. At his last oncologist appointment they told us if he doesn’t do treatment he will only have months to live. My concern is what is the success rate for chemotherapy at this stage? I don’t want him to suffer through chemotherapy only to not survive. They are saying that chemotherapy side effects are not that bad, but I’ve never heard of anyone going to chemotherapy and not being nauseous and tired. He is already suffering from pain and fatigue I don’t think he realizes how hard this is going to be for him. He’s trying to keep going for his children and I, but I can’t get over the feeling that he’s not going to be able to make it through this. I know I said I was introducing myself, but as many of you know cancer is my only concern right now. It has consumed my life.
0 55 Read More
Top Posters
ChristineB 10,507
davidcpa 8,311
Cheryld 5,260
EzJim 5,260
Brian Hill 4,912
Newest Members
Antonia M, kssylrtns01, Exhausted68, Djeffh, Jbirddd
13,115 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums23