Hi, Thanks for all the feedback. Today, the RO prescribed some pain meds so we would have them ahead of time. I need info about what meds you all started with. Our prescriptions are for the Fentanyl patch and oral morphine solution.

These drugs seem so powerful that it's scary. Are there intermediary drugs to use before the pain is at it's worst? I didn't get a chance to ask the RO about meds not quite so strong. Aren't there pain meds you can crush and put into the Peg tube? I've read that the patch can be hard to come off of and I'm a bit freaked out about these heavy narcotics. Please post with some info.

They also put Richard on Diflucan for the beginning of thrush. He's being hit so early with these problems that it can get discouraging. Luckily, we are still out walking every day and he's eating like a champ. My stomach is in a knot most of the time because I want to stay on top of things, but have no control. That's the hardest thing for both of us. I know you all know what I'm talking about and I'm counting the weeks until this hideous treatment is over and the healing begins. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Geri

Geri-CG to husband Richard, 62 yrs old. Former smoker, quit 30yrs ago, light drinker. Dx after tests with BOT T1N1M0. Tx to start by end of Dec. Seven wks IMRT with 2x Cisplatin-2x Erbitux. Peg in 12/08- removed 4/21/09. Looking good so far. Clear Pet &MRI 8/2/09