Lily,
I hope Scott's doctors are aware of him not being able to keep food down especially now before treatment. I lost 25lbs the first month of treatment and got so week that I ended up in the hospital! (I lost a total of 65lbs) I was overweight anyway but losing the weight so quickly was not good.

I walked around with an ice cream bucket (even though since i got thrush early on i didn't want anything to do with ice cream just the bucket!) to get sick in!! I also felt nausous the whole time!! I just could not predict whether i was going to get sick or not.

after treatment ended and I got off medication then I didn't get sick as much. The doctors felt it was partly due to my nerves and I feel the same but they also said the treatment is also taking a toll on ones body.

My dietician had me taking Prosure that had fiber and 350 calories. Walmart sells an equate product simular to this and this is what I use along with ensure plus I am eating some soups.

Your concerns are very valid and please keep posting to keep us up to date,
Love
Terry

Terry | 42 female| base of tongue w/swollen lymph nodes | Dx'd-Feb 05 | Stage IVA T2N2M0 | radiation/chemo 8 weeks finished 3rd week May/05 | bilateral neck dissection 9/2/05 45 nodes all neg.