I am beyond myself right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I knew people could be cruel and mean but had no idea to what extent they could go - unreal.

I know my husband is going through a very difficult time and he is not looking good. He has lost about 25 lbs and he couldn't afford to lose any weight as it was.

His radiation and chemo should be starting sometime next week, everything is on the works with the insurance right now.

How can some people assume the worst is going to happen????? Some of our friends talk to me as if they knew he wasn't going to make it.

I've had people ask me what would happen with our house, how soon would I sell it if if he dies. I gave them the benefit of the doubt that they intended to ask this question in a completely different manner but it just came out wrong but nothing prepared me for the next question...

Somebody dared to ask me how soon I would wait before I would remarry ---- are u kidding me???

As far as we know, he is not dealing with a life threatening condition and the radiation will be able to take care of the carcinoma in-situ.

Am I in denial here or are people just darn mean and idiots????

Through this process, we have learned who our true friends really are. Unfortunately, not many. The ones we thought would be there for us are not and the ones we didn't think cared enough have gone above and beyond to see that we are ok and have provided us with unmeasurable support.

I detest that look of pitty and the "you poor things" then there are those people who question everything in the process. Why is is taking so long to start the radiation and chemo? Have you called the Drs?? Why is he not gaining weight now that he has the PEG tube? WHY, WHY, WHY???

Do they think I'm just sitting around twirling my thumbs and waiting for their instructions???

Sorry but I had to vent
LILY

wife to 36 yr old husband diagnosed with SCC on 7/6/05, tongue dissection and radical neck dissection on 7/15/05, 2nd biopsy on 9/15/05 and found carcinoma in-situ. Starting radiation and chemo on Oct 05