Cindy,

Thank you so much for your story. It has really helped me. I am also so encouraged by your story to be strong, as you are. I admire that about you. I am weaker and cry all the time and am finding this situation so difficult to deal with. The hard part is that when she asks me to back off, I feel I have to respect that. And I feel that I need to respect her wishes. But, then I am conflicted with wanting to do everything I can do from my part, which is encouraging her to get the feeding tube. It was a struggle to get the second opinion with my mom, as it was with your husband. I am happy to hear that he received that second opinion.

How is your husband doing now? How are dealing with everything and your recent surgery? I hope youa re doing ok. Did your husband's cancer start in the tongue or in the lymph node in his neck? I hope he is doing ok.

What you said is so true about needing the nutrition to fight this disease. But my mom is stubborn as you say. I admire your strength Cindy. I hope I can learn from you and be stronger.

Thank you so much and please let me know if you want, how your husband and you are doing, as I will be praying for you and your family.
Much Love,
Stephany

Stephany.Daughter of mother who passed away 3/26/05 from Recurrent Gum Squamous Cell Carcinoma. She had 3 surgeries, and 6 weeks radiation, and then passed due to infection. I miss her very much. She was 65 years young when she passed. Love you Mom!