Thank you Cindy, Gary, Debbie, Rose, and "D":

I cant thank you enough for the responses. My frist question is what is the "magic Mouthwash"? She does take the roxycodone, or whatever it is called, the liquid morphine. Is there something else that she could try?

My mom has lost about 100 pounds to get her down to 108. At least that much. Not quite sure exactly, but about a size 14-16 to a size 2. I did bring the feedign tube up wtih her today and she got angry at me and wrote me a note that she will manage her own health care...Something to that effect, she appreciated my concern but she is very adamant about NOT getting a tube. I feel so bad for her. But what is my role? She wrote me a note asking me NOT to harp on her. So, I imagine the best thing is to just sit back and let her make the decisions.

Rosie. My goodness. So Sorry for all you went through with your daugther. My heart pours out to you. My mom is in a very similar situation, the fistula under her chin just continues to drip constantly..with this greenish yellowish fluid. Her lips are so badly ulcerated, I feel awful.

Gary, thank you for the links regarding IRessa. I will encourage her to try Iressa if the doctor suggests it.

CIndy, I took your advice and suggested what you suggested to me to my mom..Telling her that she should have to suffer, etc...But it didnt go too well :-( She, for some reason is strongly against it.

The other question I have is that she never smiles and is basically miserable 24/7. Does anyone have any suggestions for mood enhancements?
I guess I am the daughter trying to find the "fix" which has been very hard for me. She is running more tests this week, so we will see. But both doctors feel there is a recurrance and that her tumor may have spread to her lips. Or is common to get ulcerated lips from the treatment/radiation?

Thank you again Debbie as well. I am so glad to hear that the feeding tubes have worked for your loved ones. I really appreciate you all in here so much! I will pray for you all

God Bless
Stephany

Stephany.Daughter of mother who passed away 3/26/05 from Recurrent Gum Squamous Cell Carcinoma. She had 3 surgeries, and 6 weeks radiation, and then passed due to infection. I miss her very much. She was 65 years young when she passed. Love you Mom!