AM 007,

Some operate to remove the nodes first and some do the concurrent chemorad first but the current Tx modality says that rad is the real killer of the cancer and chemo helps the rad do it's killing job better. This disease is very agressive and all docs prefer to hit you with the kitchen sink up front than hold anything back. If you have been told your a Stage IV and remember there is no worse Stage you need to listen to their Tx approach. I'm sure if you get a 2nd or 3rd or 4th opinion it won't be surgery only. It may be chemorad first and lets see but forget the surgery only idea. Your life is at stake so don't mess around too long. Get another opinion quick to make yourself more comfortable and get started killing the disease that's killing you.

David

Age 58 at Dx, HPV16+ SCC, Stage IV BOT+2 nodes, non smoker, casual drinker, exercise nut, Cisplatin x 3 & concurrent IMRT x 35,(70 Gy), no surgery, no Peg, Tx at Moffitt over Aug 06. Jun 07, back to riding my bike 100 miles a wk. Now doing 12 Spin classes and 60 outdoor miles per wk. Nov 13 completed Hilly Century ride for Cancer, 104 miles, 1st Place in my age group. Apr 2014 & 15, Spun for 9 straight hrs to raise $$ for YMCA's Livestrong Program. Certified Spin Instructor Jun 2014.