Hello Anne Marie. I just want to welcome you the the forum. I had the same question about my diagnosis when I came here. I didn't understand the letters and numbers. One of the members gabe me a link to go to that explained it very well. I am very sorry that I can't find or remember that link but I know that someone who does will reply to you soon. There is a wealth of info here and pretty much all of it is from first hand experience. I am 1.5 weeks post treatment. You can do this. You said your family has a history so I assume you may have an understanding of what you are getting ready to face. We will be with you on this journey. You will be in my prayers and thoughts. I figure the only time it will suck to be me is the day I lose the ability to fight this old disease. Till then, the family and friends I have makes it impossible for me to say it sucks to be me. I do agree that it sucks to have cancer, but having it showed me just how great it actually is to be me. :-)

Lee, age 33, stage 4a, T2N2bM0, Tumor left tonsil (removed), 2 left side nodes removed (poorly differientiatied)total of 3 nodes involved. Treatment IMRT x33/ 2x Cysplatin completed. Good Health and Good Help to you.
Lee