Dear Ann Marie - I'm so glad you found this site. There are so many wonderful compassionate and knowledgeable people here and I know you will get lots of support. Sounds like you have been through so much! With the several doctors that you've seen, who consult with each other I'm guessing you must be with a Comprehensive Cancer Center which is a good place to be. I'm a caregiver to my son who had Squamous cell cancer of the tongue but I'm sure there are others here who can help with some experience closer to your own. It is definitely a crazy maker when you first get hit with the awful news and when you are still waiting for results or deciding exactly what is going to happen. I love your comment about decking the rubber hose doctor! smile Sounds like you are a tough lady and you've already started to fight this cancer beast just by looking up stuff and coming to this site. Hang in there and keep in touch. Everyone here is ready to support you through this.

Annette
(will keep signing off this way so we tell us apart)

Anne-Marie
CG to son, Paul (age 33, non-smoker) SCC Stage 2, Surgery 9/21/06, 1/6 tongue Rt.side removed, +48 lymph nodes neck. IMRTx28 completed 12/19/06. CT scan 7/8/10 Cancer-free! ("spot" on lung from scar tissue related to Pneumonia.)