Im so sorry that you are facing further treatment for MC. It certainly sounds like you have had your share of ups and downs. Im very sorry you are struggling with this mentally. We are always here to listen. We understand what you are facing, we have been thru similar things ourselves. Im glad you are seeing a therapist. Its very common for OC patients (and even many caregivers too) to have a need for a therapist, maybe even anxiety meds. Its a traumatic experience being diagnosed with a serious illness. That event is something not one of us will ever forget.

I understand exactly how you feel. After 3 rounds of OC, Im now disfigured and using a feeding tube for life. I have quite a few really bad days where Im so sick I can barely walk or talk. This usually ends with a trip to the ER. Being disfigured in a society where everyone focuses on appearances, being a woman who is missing half her lower jaw sticks out like a sore thumb. Ive handled this very well and after 6 years I have a productive, happy life.

If I can overcome my obstacles, I have faith you can get past this too. Try your very best to focus only on things within your control and avoid the "what if's" like the plague. Staying very busy will help keep your mind tied up which keeps you from worrying too much. Nobody needs any extra anxiety, especially when facing an upcoming major surgery.

Hang in there!!! We are all in this together. You can lean on us to help get you thru what you are facing.

PS... Ive sent you directions on how to add your signature. Click in the tiny flashing envelope next to the My Stuff tab which is near the middle of the top of the page.

Christine
SCC 6/15/07 L chk & by L molar both Stag I, age44
2x cispltn-35 IMRT end 9/27/07
-65 lbs in 2 mo, no caregvr
Clear PET 1/08
4/4/08 recur L chk Stag I
surg 4/16/08 clr marg
215 HBO dives
3/09 teeth out, trismus
7/2/09 recur, Stg IV
8/24/09 trach, ND, mandiblctmy
3wks medicly inducd coma