In March of 2014, I went to Baylor Sammons Hospital in Dallas, TX with a diagnosed tumor at the right side base of the tongue. I had a biopsy and it was diagnosed as squamous cell carcinoma. It seemed like I had what many people were getting and that the treatment would be very straightforward-35 radiation treatments and 7 weeks of chemotherapy. I was told by the oncologist that this would definitely be cured with the treatment. I did get second opinions on the treatment options, BUT NEVER GOT A SECOND OPINION ON THE PATHOLOGY. It was never recommended by the doctors at Baylor to get a second opinion on that. It turned out to be Mucoepidermoid carcinoma and the tumor was not gone. I went to MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston and a 13 hour surgery was done to remove half of my tongue and replace it with a flap from my arm. This was done on November 9th of 2014 and it seemed like it was a good job. I had a CT scan a week ago and the preliminary reading was good. However, the radiologist read it and found two lymph nodes on that the doctors now want to ultrasound and needle biopsy. Those nodes are on the left side of the neck. I have that biopsy scheduled for next Tuesday and am very anxious. I have tried to move the biopsy date to an earlier time, but they are extremely booked. Has anybody had this type of situation or one similar to it? This is my first post to the forum. I thank anybody for the help they could give.

4-2014 SCC BOT rt. 2 nodes
6-2014-8-2014 Baylor Sammons Dallas,
70 gy. Carboplatin Taxol
Peg tube 5/2014-present
biopsy(10/2014) mucoepidermoid carcinoma-not SCC.
11/10/2014 M.D. Anderson radical neck dissection hemiglossectomy flap rt. lower arm
1/2015 3xs-CDDP DOCATAXEL
2/2015 CT clear- ORN right jaw.
8/2015 CT. Lt. neck two nodes,right jaw ORN worsening. Biopsy- MEC.
Surgery 9/28/2015 lt. neck dissection-remove nodes and chest flap resection. Rt. jaw dead bone removal.