Its always nice having another survivor join our group. We understand exactly where you are coming from. Being on a feeding tube is horrible, but it is a necessary tool for many patients. Im on one for life, myself. Its hard watching TV with all the delicious foods being advertised. Seems like everywhere you go, there is food and people making plans to go here or there to eat. Ive adapted to it but its not an easy situation at all.

The Oley Foundation can be very helpful. They have a great patient/donor exchange program. Ive used it both sending to others and receiving things myself. Im glad you have found them.

You still are in the recovery phase so you have a long way to go. Sounds to me like you have made quite alot of progress. Im sure you are doing much better than when you first finished rads. Keep pushing yourself on what is within your control... your intake. You will learn quickly I am a nag about this topic! Every single day until you hit the 2 year point, take in at least 2500 calories and 48-64 oz of water. Ask your doc about adding some high protein whey powder to your diet to help with your heeling. I would wait until after the test result come back and you are all clear before making any dietary changes, except to strive for hitting the previously mentioned numbers. Ive found that by having something to focus on and to work on helps to keep your mind busy. It works for me, maybe it will help you too.

Hang in there smile

Christine
SCC 6/15/07 L chk & by L molar both Stag I, age44
2x cispltn-35 IMRT end 9/27/07
-65 lbs in 2 mo, no caregvr
Clear PET 1/08
4/4/08 recur L chk Stag I
surg 4/16/08 clr marg
215 HBO dives
3/09 teeth out, trismus
7/2/09 recur, Stg IV
8/24/09 trach, ND, mandiblctmy