JPT, you are right about the social side of eating and the need to stay connected. I struggle with it because my natural tendency is to be a bit shy so it's easy for me to say "I can't go to that because I can't eat without making a mess". Don't be like me! Christine gave some good advice a while back: cheesecake is easy to eat. If I go out to a cafe, I can sometimes have that. It's just the right consistency. Pity it is so sweet. If I'm out all day I'll sometimes have a McDonald's lime milkshake to keep hunger at bay until I get home. I am sooo sick of smoothies and they're very expensive at cafes. Favourite food at the mo is mashed mixed vegetables (yams, sweet potato, broccoli, cauliflower) with brown onion gravy and some cooked mushrooms with sour cream. But I have to have that at home!

1996, ovarian cancer surgery + cisplatin and taxol.
September, 2007, SCC of left lateral tongue. Excision.
October, 2009 recurrence in scar tissue, T1NOMO. Free flap surgery from left wrist - neck dissection. 63 year old New Zealander. No chemo, no RT.
February, 2014. New primary in left buccal mucosa. Marginal mandibulectomy, neck dissection, right arm free forearm flap. T1N0M0 but third occurrence and some areas of concern: RT started 8 April and finished 19 May.